Friday, May 18, 2012

Home

I have been walking and stumbling toward God since I was a preschooler. I was fortunate to have my parents' true guidance there - and here I mean that they actually talked to their children about God at home instead of simply dragging them to church with an attitude of what happens in church stays in church - so there has been no period in my life when I remember not contemplating God and seeking Him. As a child, I felt an immense love for Jesus and honestly believed that he went everywhere with me. This does not mean that I have always been in a state of grace. When I was nine years old, I went through a terrible spiritual ordeal for someone so young, and I passed several months in my solitary valley of fear. Some of the things I will share in this blog will seem very strange to some people - outrageous even, but I will seek to be honest so that I may, at least imperfectly, direct people to Jesus. After all, that must be the underlying motivation for all that I ultimately accomplish in this world through my relationships with my fellow human beings.

My other blog, No Pens, Pencils, Knives or Scissors, is lighthearted and very, very human, if you will; it explores my flaws and my joys in mostly a trivial way. I did occasionally speak about my relationship with God there, about the real landmark moments in my journey, but I never sought to make that blog anything noble or high. I just needed a place to write. Still, while praying about my writing during this recent Lent, I suddenly realized that in all my erratic prayers seeking guidance, I had never once asked that my writing would please my Father. I should have always asked for that. That is why I have started Seeking The Prince of Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages